Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part Modeling
Current Class Schedule and Pricing
The Autodesk Inventor training during the Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part Modeling
courses uses the second in a series of training guides on the Autodesk Inventor software that is published by ASCENT. The goal of this course is to build on the skills acquired in the Autodesk Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling
training by taking students to a higher level of productivity when designing part models in Inventor.
In this training course, we consider various approaches to part design and emphasize useful strategies. Specific advanced part modeling techniques covered include multi-body design, advanced lofts, advanced sweeps, coils, and surface modeling. Additional material aimed at increasing efficiency is also included: iFeatures for frequently needed design elements, iParts for similar designs, translation options for importing data, and the Engineer’s Notebook for communication. The guide also covers some miscellaneous drawing tools such as custom sketches symbols, working with title blocks and borders, and documenting iParts. With an understanding of these tools, students can begin to streamline the design and documentation process.
The major topics covered in this Autodesk Inventor training course are:
- Advanced model appearance options
- Multi-body part modeling
- 2D and 3D sketching techniques
- Advanced geometry creation tools (work features, area lofts, sweeps, and coils)
- Analysis tools
- Creating and editing basic surfaces
- Importing surfaces and surface repair tools
- Using iFeatures and iParts to work efficiently with part models
- Importing and exporting data
- Emboss and Decal features
- Advanced Drawing tools (tables for iParts, surfaces in drawing views, and custom sketched symbols)
- Adding notes with the Engineer's Notebook
The material assumes a mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics as taught in Autodesk Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling
. Students should know how to create and edit parts, use work features, and create and annotate drawing views, etc.
Course description shown for Autodesk Inventor 2014.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.