Autodesk Revit MEP Fundamentals
4 Day (CEU 28)
Current Class Schedule and Pricing
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk® Revit® MEP Fundamentals training guide has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation. The training guide is intended to introduce students to the software's user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit MEP software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The objective in this Autodesk Revit training class is to familiarize students with the tools necessary to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take you through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
The topics in this Autodesk Revit MEP training class include the following:
- Introduction to Autodesk® Revit® MEP, its interface, including viewing, drawing, and editing commands
- Working with linked architectural files
- Creating and modifying views
- Understanding Autodesk Revit MEP systems in general
- Creating spaces and zones
- Analyzing heating and cooling loads
- Working with HVAC module to add air terminals, mechanical equipment, and create HVAC systems
- Working with the Piping module to add mechanical equipment as well as creating hydronic piping systems
- Working with fixtures, piping systems, and analysis tools in the Plumbing module
- Working with fire protection systems
- Working with components, circuits, cable tray, and conduits in the Electrical module
- Creating and annotating construction documents
- Adding tags and creating schedules
- Detailing in Autodesk Revit MEP
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Revit MEP training class:
This training class introduces the fundamental skills in learning the Autodesk Revit MEP software. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology.
"The instructor clearly demonstrated his capability to teach the course. I learned more than what i anticipated."
W.Dalagan, PCL Constructors Westcoast INC, BC
"An excellent class with an a great instructor. I would highly recommend to anybody who was looking for an MEP class."
J.Kulhanek, Davis Design, NB
Course description shown for Autodesk Revit MEP 2014. Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.