Autodesk Inventor Cable and Harness Design
Current Class Schedule and Pricing
This Autodesk Inventor training during the Autodesk Inventor Cable and Harness Design
course instructs students in the use of the Autodesk® Inventor® Cable and Harness environment. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to design physical cables and harnesses for electrical systems in almost any kind of product or machine. With specific tools to incorporate cable and harness into digital prototypes, the Autodesk Inventor Cable and Harness Design software enables you to calculate accurate path lengths, avoid small-radius bends, and help ensure that electrical components fit into the mechanical assembly before manufacturing.
After completing this Autodesk Inventor training, you will be able to:
- Describe the functionality of Cable and Harness and the basic workflow to add and document cable and harness designs.
- Wire a harness assembly by adding or importing wires and cables, adding ribbon cables, adding route segments, and routing wires and cables through the segments.
- Refine a cable and harness design by editing the wires, cables, routes, or cable ribbons; by adding and editing splices; or by adding and editing virtual parts.
- Communicate your cable and harness to others by creating and annotating 2D drawings and exporting the design data.
- Create and manage the library file and configuration files.
- Create, author, and publish electrical parts and connectors to a custom Content Center library.
This course is designed for experienced Autodesk Inventor users. It is recommended that you have a working knowledge of:
- Students should have completed the Autodesk Inventor 2013 Introduction course or have an equivalent understanding of the Autodesk Inventor 2013 user interface and working environments.
- Autodesk Inventor Part and Assembly Modeling and Drawing View Creation and Annotating, is recommended
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, or Microsoft® Windows® Vista, or Microsoft® Windows® 7.
"I enjoyed the course and found it very informative. I also liked the added benefits of tips and workflow time savers thorughout."
Course description shown for Autodesk Inventor 2013.
L.Gerbery, Baker Hughes Pipeline Inspection, AB
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.