The IMAGINiT Technologies’ Vault Client Utilities 2022.1 and IMAGINiT Vault Server Utilities 2022.1 releases include several new Utilities as well as notable enhancements to existing Utilities that extend the power of Autodesk Vault.
“Our software development team has a long history of creating productivity enhancing software tools that bring increased value to our customers who use Autodesk software products in their design processes,” says Matt Mason, director of software solutions, IMAGINiT Technologies. “Staffing challenges are one of the biggest obstacles facing design teams today, and the need to do more with less people makes it necessary to find new ways to increase productivity and efficiencies. Our Utilities are designed to eliminate repetitive tasks, automate processes that are labor intensive and add increased functionality to Autodesk software. These Utilities help teams be more productive, efficient and ultimately more profitable.”
In addition to being compatible with the 2022 release of Autodesk Vault, each Utility runs directly inside the Autodesk Vault products to streamline usage and provide a seamless user experience.
Vault Client Utilities 2022.1
Vault Client Utilities 2022.1 offers Vault users two brand new Utilities in addition to several notable enhancements.
- Local Copy Cleanup is a new Utility that helps individuals quickly and safely reclaim space on their computer hard drive by identifying and removing redundant local files from current projects in Vault. The Utility can be set to run on a schedule and if redundancies are found, users are asked to confirm or approve the deletion.
- Copy Folder Permissions is another new Utility that reduces human error and takes the complexity out of ensuring the right team members always have the appropriate access to project folders. As team requirements evolve, this advancement helps to automatically copy permission updates whether it’s assigning or removing user access to specific folders. The previous manual process was time-consuming and error-prone.
- Lifecycle Change Notification Utility can now be more interactive and allows users to adjust the distribution list before notifications are sent to ensure that the right people have all relevant information.
- Standard Folders Utility enhancements now allow administrators to customize the rollout of the standardized document sets that go to all Vault users in the organization and select the files that will be overwritten or cleaned-up post roll-out.
Vault Server Utilities 2022.1
This latest release of administrator focused Vault Server Utilities includes one new Utility and several notable enhancements that bring immediate ROI to CAD managers.
- Related Files Checker is a new time-saving Utility that can be setup in the background to regularly scan for new files that meet specific criteria and align with the rules applied to related files (for example, a drawing needing a PDF or a sheet metal file needing a DXF). If a missing file is identified, an automated process can quickly search for or create the missing file. Team productivity is maximized by ensuring members have the files to do what’s required of them instead of searching, recreating or synchronizing missing files.
- Vault Backup enhancement includes the ability to automatically synchronize to another location, such as the Cloud, once a regular back-up is completed.
- Network License enhancement now allows CAD managers to run various IMAGINiT Utilities remotely without having to request specific server access.
- Vault Metadata enhancement now allows users to add missing data from an external source such as a spreadsheet. If the data already exists within Vault, it will not be overwritten.
Availability and Webcast
IMAGINiT Utilities for Vault Client are complimentary to customers who have their Autodesk subscription through IMAGINiT and can be accessed via IMAGINiT’s website. IMAGINiT Utilities for Vault Server are available for purchase directly from the IMAGINiT eStore.
For more information see our on-demand webcast where Matt Mason, director of software development at IMAGINiT will review the new and enhanced Utilities features.
To learn more about the IMAGINiT Utilities for Vault Client and Vault Server, visit our website or talk to an IMAGINiT expert at 1-800-356-9050.
About IMAGINiT Technologies
IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, advances the way architects and engineers design, develop, and manage projects. Customers of this leading professional services and technology company include organizations in the building, infrastructure, manufacturing, and facilities management industries. Organizations of all sizes work with IMAGINiT Technologies to gain competitive advantages through expert technology consulting, implementation, training, and support services. As one of the world’s largest integrators of Autodesk 3D design and engineering software, the team leverages unrivaled industry experience to design systems that accelerate innovation while improving project quality and profitability.
Any and all trademarks making reference to or related to Rand Worldwide, IMAGINiT Technologies, ASCENT, IMAGINiT, Clarity, or ProductivityNOW are registered and/or owned by Rand Worldwide, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or other legal holders under the Rand Worldwide, Inc. name.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Civil3D, and Revit are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.