The Fabrication CADmep Fundamentals course is designed for HVAC, piping, and plumbing engineers, designers and drafters who want to utilize Fabrication CADmep’s unique design features to implement your design from the start of a project to fabricating the materials and getting ready to install in field. Fabrication CADmep has tools to help layout your design using real world parts and pieces with accurate dimensions to make sure you can fabricate your ductwork or piping for your job. In this class, you will get to know the basics of Fabrication CADmep and understand how to navigate and start looking at the basic tools that you can use. You will also get introduce to more advanced tools, such as Design Line, spooling, and reporting. Utilizing the Design Line, you can find a different way to place parts into your drawing. With some other tools, you can look at utilizing Hanger Points to export and use in your project. We will also investigate spooling and creating reports for Fabrication purposes as well as customizing the different settings in Fabrication CADmep.Upon completion of the Fabrication CADmep training course, students will be able to:
Prerequisites for this Fabrication CADmep training course:
- Navigate the User Interface
- Utilize the CADmep Toolbar
- Setup Sections for Elevation
- Use the Attacher Arrow for Inserting Geometry
- Annotate in Fabrication CADmep
- Draw utilizing the Fabrication CADmep tool Design Line
- Utilize Point Data information from hangers in the drawing
- Create Reports
- Learn about Spooling to help with the fabrication process
- Customize Fabrication CADmep settings
Course description shown for Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2021.Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.
- Experience with AutoCAD is recommended.
- An understanding of the concepts of basic design is also highly recommended.