The Autodesk BIM 360 Fundamentals training course teaches how to manage files in the cloud using BIM 360. BIM 360 manages files by controlling sharing and distribution, managing conflicts and changes, and better predicting project deliverables, all with the aim of lowering project risk. Companies using BIM 360 to manage their Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflow will benefit from this course in that they will learn the fundamental tools that will allow them to begin managing their data in the cloud.
In this course, you will learn how to upload and manage architectural, structural, MEP, and infrastructure models in the BIM 360 platform. You will review and use markup tools for communicating issues across disciplines. By coordinating your files, you can check for clashes and learn how to communicate these clashes along with other issues with the team. Finally, you will learn how various modules in BIM 360 can be used to visually review the status of your projects. The BIM 360 platform contains many products and modules that enable you to manage your projects. This course covers many of the modules in the BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Design, BIM 360 Coordinate, and BIM 360 Build products.Topics covered in This Autodesk BIM 360 training course:
Prerequisites for this BIM 360 training course:
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk BIM 360 products.
- Navigating the Autodesk BIM 360 website.
- Uploading construction sets and 3D models.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and communicating project information.
- Coordinating model data and reviewing for clashes.
- Creating and managing issues, requests for information (RFIs), and submittals to communicate with the project team.
- Creating daily logs, checklists, and issues in the field.
- Monitoring project metrics for risk assessment.
Course description shown for Autodesk BIM 360.
- Access to an existing BIM 360 hub with Next Gen services activated.
- Access to the BIM 360 project that was set up by the BIM 360 administrator or administrator access to BIM 360 to set up your own project.
- Autodesk Desktop Connector (min. version 12.4).
- Access to Revit Architecture 2020.2 or more recent to complete Chapters 4 and 5.
- Access to Civil 3D 2020.2 or more recent to complete Chapter 6.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.