The Autodesk Revit software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way residential architects think. The program streamlines the design process through the use of a central 3D model, where changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets.
The objective of this Autodesk Revit training course is to enable you to create a full 3D architectural project model, including walls, doors, windows, components, floors, ceilings, roofs, and stairs, using the basic tools that the majority of architectural users need. This includes how to navigate the user interface and use the basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools. The final part of the course focuses on creating construction documents.The topics in this Autodesk Revit training course include the following:
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Revit training course:
- Understanding the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic sketching and modifying tools.
- Setting up a project.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, floors, windows, and doors.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and casework.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and simple and complex roofs to the building model.
- Modeling stairs and railings.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset.Course description shown for Autodesk Revit 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.