The AutoCAD training during this AutoCAD 3D Drawing and Modeling course introduces users, who are proficient with the 2D commands in the AutoCAD software, to the concepts and methods of 3D modeling. The course provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of 3D and explores the main features of the advanced 3D Modeling workspace in the AutoCAD software.The major topics covered in this AutoCAD training are:
- 3D viewing techniques
- Working with simple and composite solids
- Creating complex solids and surfaces
- Modifying objects in 3D space
- Editing solids
- Creating sections, camera perspectives, and animations
- Working with point clouds
- Converting 3D objects
- Setting up a rendering with materials and lights
- Creating 2D drawings from 3D models
- Working with the User Coordinate System
- Set up a drawing for 3D Prints
Prerequisites for this AutoCAD training course:
A good working skill level in the AutoCAD software, i.e. a minimum of 80 hours of work experience with the AutoCAD software, is recommended.Course description shown for AutoCAD 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.