The Autodesk Civil 3D Fundamentals training course is designed for Civil Engineers and Surveyors who want to take advantage of the Autodesk® Civil 3D® software’s interactive, dynamic design functionality. The Autodesk Civil 3D software permits the rapid development of alternatives through its model-based design tools. You will learn techniques enabling you to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors, create parcel layouts, perform grading and volume calculation tasks, and lay out pipe networks.Main topics covered in this Autodesk Civil 3D training course:
- Learn the Autodesk Civil 3D user interface.
- Create and edit parcels and print parcel reports.
- Create points and point groups and work with survey figures.
- Create, edit, view, and analyze surfaces.
- Create and edit alignments.
- Create data shortcuts.
- Create a Civil 3D template drawing.
- Create sites, profiles, and cross-sections.
- Create assemblies, corridors, and intersections.
- Create grading solutions.
- Create gravity fed and pressure pipe networks.
- Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations.
- Use plan production tools to create plan and profile sheets.
Prerequisites for the Autodesk Civil 3D training course:
Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD-based products and a sound understanding and knowledge of civil engineering terminology.Note:
Course may satisfy your local continuing education engineering and surveying requirements. Check with your state board or provincial organization to verify your requirements.Course description shown for Autodesk Civil 3D 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.
"I really liked the format of the training. I thought it was structured in a way to maximize learning. I liked that the instructor was very capable, but didn't act like she knew everything. The instructor's personality made for a light atmosphere that made it pleasant to be there - good job!"
J.Higgins, Roberts & Schaefer Co., UT
"Malcolm was very helpful and knowledgeable :) He was able to help me with other questions that I had that was outside of his plan for this class :) It'll help me work better and faster and I'm looking forward to getting back to work :)"
J.Palmer, City of Saskatoon, SK