To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk Revit Fundamentals for Structure training course has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of structural buildings from engineering design through construction documentation.
This training course is intended to introduce you to the user interface and the basic building components of the software that makes Autodesk Revit a powerful and flexible structural modeling tool. The goal is to familiarize you with the tools required to create, modify, analyze, and document a parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take you through the basics of a full structural project, from linking in an architectural model, to construction documents.The topics in this Autodesk Revit training course include the following:
- Introduction to the Autodesk Revit software
- Basic drawing and editing tools
- Setting up levels and grids
- Working with views
- Starting a structural project based on a linked architectural model
- Adding structural columns and walls
- Adding foundations and structural slabs
- Structural reinforcement
- Beams, trusses, and framing systems
- Analytical models and placing loads
- Project practices to reinforce learning
- Construction documents
- Annotating construction documents
- Detailing and Scheduling
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Revit training course:
This course introduces the fundamental skills in learning how to use the Autodesk Revit software, with a focus on the structural tools. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in structural engineering and its terminology.Course description shown for Autodesk Revit Structure 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.