The Autodesk Revit software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way architects and engineers think. The software streamlines the design process with a central 3D model. Changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets. This course is designed to give you an overview of the Autodesk Revit (Architecture, MEP, and Structure) functionality especially as it pertains to project managers.The main topics covered in this Autodesk Revit training course are:
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic modifying and modeling tools.
- Troubleshooting elements in projects.
- Viewing models using plans, elevations, sections, and 3D views.
- Putting together construction documents by adding views to sheets that can then be printed.
- Exporting files to CAD formats and DXF (the Autodesk® Design Review software).
- Working with schedules.
- Linking and importing CAD files and Autodesk Revit models into projects.
- Using worksets in a collaborative environment.
- (Optional) Creating details.
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Revit training course:
Course description shown for Autodesk Revit 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.