This Autodesk Inventor training course introduces the concepts and techniques of sheet metal modeling with the Autodesk Inventor software. The structure of the training course follows the typical stages of using the Autodesk Inventor software. That is, to create and edit sheet metal parts, generate flat patterns, and document the designs in drawings.The main topics covered in this Autodesk Inventor training course are:
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal interface
- Sheet metal design process
- Creating base Faces, Contour Flanges, and Contour Rolls
- Creating secondary Faces, Contour Flanges, and Contour Rolls
- Sheet metal parameters
- Creating Flanges
- Creating Hems, Folds, and Bends
- Corner Rounds and Chamfers
- Sheet Metal Cuts (Holes, Cuts, and Punch Features)
- Corner Seams (Seams and Miters)
- Generating Flat Patterns
- Lofted Flanges
- Unfolding and Refolding
- Multi-Body Sheet Metal Modeling
- Documentation and Annotation of drawings
- Converting solid models to sheet metal models
- Sheet Metal Styles
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Inventor training course:
Course description shown for Autodesk Inventor 2021.
- The material covered in this training course assumes a mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics as taught in Autodesk Inventor: Introduction to Solid Modeling.
- Knowledge of sheet metal processing is an asset, but not required.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.