The Autodesk Inventor Introduction for Experienced 3D CAD Users training course is intended to provide accelerated introductory training in the Autodesk® Inventor® software. This training course is designed for users that have 3D modeling design experience with other 3D CAD software packages (e.g., CATIA™, Pro/ENGINEER®, Creo Parametric™, NX™, SolidWorks®, etc.).
By leveraging the experience users gain in working with other 3D modeling software packages, this hands-on, practice-intensive course is developed so that new users in the Autodesk Inventor software can benefit from a shorter, introductory-level course. You are taught how to find and use the modeling tools associated with familiar modeling strategies that are used in other 3D CAD software. You will acquire the knowledge required to complete the process of creating models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.The main topics covered in this Autodesk Inventor training include:
- The Autodesk Inventor software interface
- Obtaining model information
- Creating sketch and pick and place features
- Work Features
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Model geometry and model display manipulation
- Feature duplication techniques
- Placing and constraining parts in assemblies
- Assembly component display
- Presentation files (Exploded views and Animations)
- Assembly tools
- Creating parts and features in assemblies
- Creating and editing assembly Bill of Materials
- Working with projects
- Creating and annotating drawings and views
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Inventor training course:
Prior knowledge of 3D modeling and 3D CAD software. Users with AutoCAD® or AutoCAD® Mechanical experience are recommended to use the Autodesk Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling training course.Course description shown for Autodesk Inventor 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.