This Autodesk Inventor iLogic training course teaches you how to use the iLogic functionality that exists in the Autodesk Inventor software. In this practice-intensive curriculum, you will acquire the knowledge required to use iLogic to automate Autodesk Inventor designs.
In this course, you will learn how iLogic functionality furthers the use of parameters in a model by adding an additional layer of intelligence. By setting criteria in the form of established rules, you learn how to capture design intent, enabling you to automate the design workflow to meet various design scenarios in part, assembly, and drawing files.The main topics in this Autodesk Inventor iLogic training course include:
- iLogic functionality overview.
- iLogic workflow overview.
- Review of model and user-defined parameters, and equations and their importance in iLogic.
- Understanding the iLogic interface components (iLogic Panel, Edit Rule dialog box, and iLogic browser).
- Rule creation workflow for Autodesk Inventor parts and assemblies.
- Using variations of conditional statements in an iLogic rule.
- Accessing and incorporating the various function types into an iLogic part, assembly, or drawing file rule.
- Event Triggers and iTriggers.
- Creating Forms to create a custom user interface for an iLogic rule.
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Inventor iLogic training course:
The class assumes a mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics, as taught in the Autodesk Inventor: Introduction to Solid Modeling course. The Autodesk Inventor: Advanced Part and Assembly Modeling courses are also highly recommended.
No programming knowledge is required to use the basic iLogic functions, but programming experience can be an asset when using advanced functions.Course description shown for Autodesk Inventor 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.