The Autodesk Civil 3D Fundamentals for Surveyors course is for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in the Autodesk Civil 3D Fundamentals course. This course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge required to use Autodesk Civil 3D efficiently in a typical daily workflow. You will learn how to import converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in Autodesk Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Conditions Plan.
Data collection and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, correct AutoCAD® drafting techniques, the methodology required to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and using online maps.
Fundamental Autodesk Civil 3D training topics for this course:
- The Autodesk Civil 3D interface
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transformations
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Coordinate Geometry Editor for entering traverse information or legal descriptions
- Surface overview
- Surface editing
- Surface labels and analysis
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Civil 3D training course:
Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended.Note:
Course may satisfy your local continuing education engineering and surveying requirements. Check with your state board or provincial organization to verify your requirements.Course description shown for Autodesk Civil 3D 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.