As architects and designers start a project, they frequently think about the overall massing of a building or the area of the footprint. The Autodesk® Revit® software, using its powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) engine, includes tools for creating mass elements that can be modified into many shapes. You can then apply walls, roofs, and floors to them to continue designing. You can use space planning tools to set up areas for rooms and colors to mark the different areas. For presentations, you can create, embellish, and render perspective views.
The objective of the Autodesk Revit Architecture: Conceptual Design and Visualization course is to enable users who have worked with the Autodesk Revit software to expand their knowledge in the areas of Conceptual Design, including massing studies, space planning, visualization, and rendering.
Fundamental Topics of this Autodesk Revit Architecture training course:
- Create in-place conceptual mass elements.
- Create building elements from massing studies.
- Use rooms and areas for space planning and analysis.
- Create perspectives, sketches, exploded views, and solar studies.
- Render views that include materials, lighting, and enhancements such as people and plants.
Prerequisites of this Autodesk Revit Architecture training course:
Course description shown for Autodesk Revit 2021.
- You should be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Autodesk Revit software, as taught in the Autodesk Revit Architecture: Fundamentals course. Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as: creating walls, roofs, and other objects; copying and moving objects; creating and working with views; etc.
- Collaboration Tools, BIM Management, and Site and Structural Design are covered in additional courses.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.