The Autodesk® Revit® software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that has enabled countless firms to incorporate the BIM workflow into their designs. As a key component of this workflow, Autodesk Revit allows landscape architecture firms to produce powerfully intelligent designs.
The Autodesk Revit for Landscape Architecture course has been designed to assist you in learning some of the key features of the Autodesk Revit software. The course focuses on how to create and document full 3D project models for an urban environment, as well as how to use the internal topography tools. The course begins with laying out the user interface and describing the basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools. Then, it provides instructions on how to create topographical surfaces and modify the topography using Autodesk Revit tools. This is followed by modeling hardscapes using walls, floors, and stairs, and adding components such as trees, site furniture, and planting areas. Finally, the course concludes with explaining the processes involved in taking the model to the construction documentation phase.The topics in this Autodesk Revit training course include the following:
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Starting a project based on Autodesk Revit models.
- Creating and modifying basic topography.
- Adding retaining walls, hardscape, stairs and other building elements.
- Placing components for plantings, furniture, and lighting.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Revit training course:
Course description shown for Autodesk Revit 2021.
- An understanding of landscape architecture terminology is an asset.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.