The Autodesk Revit software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way architects think. The program streamlines the design process through the use of a central 3D model, where changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets.
The objective of the Autodesk Revit Fundamentals for Architecture course is to enable you to create a full 3D architectural project model, including walls, doors, windows, components, floors, ceilings, roofs, and stairs, using the basic tools that the majority of architectural users need. This includes how to navigate the user interface and use the basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools. The final part of the course focuses on creating construction documents.The topics in this Autodesk Revit Architecture training course include the following:
- Understanding the purpose of BIM and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic sketching and modifying tools.
- Review Revit file worksharing, terminology, and workflow.
- Linking CAD and Revit files as the basis of a project.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Modeling stairs, railings, and ramps.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Revit Architecture training course:
Course description shown for Autodesk Revit Architecture 2021.
- An understanding of architectural terminology is an asset.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.
"I can't believe I learned so much in 4 days! Vince was extremely patient and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this to any one that needs to learn something fast."
B.Uline, SEI Design Group, NY
"IMAGINiT provides excellent service for Autodesk training. The class was much more well organized than others I’ve taken. The text book was actually useful and we used it thorough out the course. Max Nichols was able to answer every question we gave him and focused on any additional areas we were interested in. I highly recommend Imaginit and Max to other colleagues and friends."
R.Spinale, Stantec Consulting, NY