This AutoCAD training course is designed specifically for those using AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT with a Windows operating system. If you are using a Mac computer, you must be able to run the Windows operating system or emulate the Windows environment, with the Windows version of AutoCAD. While the AutoCAD for Mac software has similar functionality to the Windows version, there are some key differences and this course does NOT cover the AutoCAD for the Mac specific features or functionality. You may want to review the AutoCAD for Windows versus AutoCAD for Mac
system differences before registering for this Windows-specific class.
The objective of this AutoCAD training course is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD software.Part 1
(three days) covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD software. The course begins with learning the basic tools for creating and editing 2D drawings. It then continues to explore the tools used to annotate drawings by adding text, hatching, dimensions, and tables. More advanced tools, such as working with blocks and setting up layouts, are introduced to improve your efficiency with the software. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the essential tools and concepts, such as:
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
- Organizing drawing objects on layers.
- Using reusable symbols (blocks).
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
(two days) continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the software. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template, creating annotation styles, and how to work with external references. You learn such skills as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Attaching External References
Prerequisites for this AutoCAD training course:
- A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of your operating system.
Course may satisfy your local continuing education engineering and surveying requirements. Check with your state board or provincial organization to verify your requirements.Course description shown for AutoCAD 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version
"Great class, course, and very informative instructor. I will most definately look into more classes."
A. Ilanas, TX