AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors
Current Class Schedule and Pricing
This AutoCAD Civil 3D training features an in-depth AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors
course is for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in the AutoCAD Civil 3D Fundamentals training course. This training course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge needed to use the AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Students learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, least square analysis, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, proper AutoCAD® drafting techniques, the methodology needed to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
Fundamental AutoCAD Civil 3D training topics for this course:
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Connecting to GIS Data to show existing conditions
- Points overview and styles
- Importing points and coordinate transforms
- Creating points and drafting
- Point groups, grips, and reports
- Point security and editing
- Introduction to data collection in the field
- Introduction to AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- Survey networks
- Survey Least Squares analysis
- Traverses and their adjustment
- Traverse Loop and Closed Connected Loop adjustments
- Surface overview
- Surface editing
- Surface labels and analysis
Prerequisites for this AutoCAD Civil 3D training course:
Previous experience with the AutoCAD software and a basic understanding of the Surveying profession is recommended.
Course may satisfy your local continuing education engineering and surveying requirements. Check with your state board or provincial organization to verify your requirements.
Course description shown for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.