The Autodesk Inventor: Fundamentals for CAM Users course is intended to provide accelerated introductory training in the Autodesk Inventor software for users that will be primarily using the Inventor CAM functionality. This hands-on, practice-intensive training course is developed to instruct users with the basic modeling and assembly skills that they may need to create or work with files that will be set up for manufacturing with Inventor CAM.
This course does not cover the Inventor CAM functionality. For Inventor CAM training, you should refer to the Autodesk Inventor CAM: Milling Fundamentals course. If more extensive Inventor modeling experience is required, it is recommended that you refer to the Autodesk Inventor: Introduction to Solid Modeling course.Topics Covered in this Autodesk Inventor Training Course:
Prerequisites for this Autodesk Inventor Training Course:
- Understanding the Autodesk Inventor software interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing the solid base 3D feature from a sketch
- Creating and editing secondary solid features that are sketched and placed
- Manipulating the display of the model
- Duplicating geometry in the model
- Placing and constraining/connecting parts in assemblies
- Manipulating the display of components in an assembly
- Obtaining model measurements and property information
- Working with projects
- Customizing the Autodesk Inventor environment
As an introductory course, Autodesk Inventor: Fundamentals for CAM Users does not assume prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software. You need to be experienced with the Windows operating system, and having a background in drafting of 3D parts is recommended.Course description shown for Autodesk Inventor 2021.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.